1/2 Photos of Veal Scallops in a Creamy Paprika Onion Sauce
This simple recipe is quick and easy to prepare yet pleasing to the eye and the tastebuds. I've made it with regular paprika, which contrary to popular opinion, does have a very pleasing flavor. If your veal scallops are very thick, you might wish first to pound them down thinner between two sheets of plastic wrap.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut each scallop in half; makes for a nicer presentation in my opinion and facilitates cooking.
- 2Heat 2 TBS of the oil in a large (preferably non-stick) frying pan.
- 3Add the paprika and mix completely into the oil.
- 4Add the onions, and cook them over moderate heat until they are completely softened.
- 5While the onions are cooking, salt and pepper the veal scallops.
- 6Dredge them in the flour making sure to cover all surfaces and sides.
- 7When the onions have softened, move them to the edge of the frying pan.
- 8Add the final TBS oil to the pan, and when this is hot, lay your veal scallops in the center of the pan.
- 9Brown well, about three minutes per side.
- 10Now move the scallops to the outer edge of the pan and bring the onions back to the center.
- 11Add the sour cream and mix well with onions until it is completely incorporated; once this is achieved, nestle the scallops in the sauce, turning them over once to allow each side a slight covering of sauce.
- 12Cover the pan, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and veal is tender.
- 13Remove veal to serving dishes, give the onions and sauce one more good stir and serve over the top of the veal.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Scallops in a Creamy Paprika Onion Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.2
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 37.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: