Recipe by sugarpea
A delicious soup adaptation from Rozanne Gold, a favorite cookbook author. Serve this with some crusty bread to sop up the sauce. If veal suasage is not available, any sausage of your choice will work nicely.
Top Review by MessyChef
This is really good! I agree with other reviewers as it is even better with fresh parmesean cheese sprinkled on top. I used sweet italian chicken sausage. It's so different and looks fancy, yet it is deceptively easy! I will be making this over and over again, as everyone in my family loved it! Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces veal sausage or 12 ounces bratwursts or 12 ounces sausage, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tips off the asparagus and set them aside; remove the inedible part of the asparagus and cut the remaining stalks into thirds.
- Simmer the asparagus in the stock until tender, about 15 minutes; pour both into a blender and puree until very smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Steam or boil the sausages until cooked or warmed; reheat the asparagus sauce; blanch the reserved tips in boiling water 2-3 minutes and drain.
- Cut the sausages diagonally into 1/2" thick slices; spoon the asparagus sauce into a shallow soup plate, add the sausage and sprinkle with the asparagus tips.