Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is relatively easy to make. Thin Chicken or pork cutlets can be substituted for the veal. As the reviewer pointed out the dish can be topped with mozzarella cheese. Fontina would be good also.
- Squeeze spinach to remove excess water. In a bowl, toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Flatten the veal with a wooden mallet.
- Place a slice of prosciutto over each slice of veal. Then place 1/ 8 of spinach on the prosciutto. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll and close them with a toothpick.
- Put the remaining oil and butter in a saucepan.
- Lightly dust the veal with flour and sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes Add white wine, lemon juice and broth and simmer for another 2 minutes Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the veal on a warm serving platter.
- In the skillet used to cook the veal, let the cooking juices reduce for a minute, then pour over the veal.
- Serve immediately.
The BEST I have ever had. Also...Added mozzarella cheese to roll-up and mushrooms to the sauce. Fantastic!!! JZ Ft Myers, FL