Phil Franco's Note:
This is relatively easy to make. Thin Chicken or pork cutlets can be substituted for the veal. As the reviewer pointed out the dish can be topped with mozzarella cheese. Fontina would be good also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Squeeze spinach to remove excess water. In a bowl, toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2Flatten the veal with a wooden mallet.
- 3Place a slice of prosciutto over each slice of veal. Then place 1/ 8 of spinach on the prosciutto. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 4Roll and close them with a toothpick.
- 5Put the remaining oil and butter in a saucepan.
- 6Lightly dust the veal with flour and sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes Add white wine, lemon juice and broth and simmer for another 2 minutes Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Arrange the veal on a warm serving platter.
- 8In the skillet used to cook the veal, let the cooking juices reduce for a minute, then pour over the veal.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Saltimbocca
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.7
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 297.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
top round veal