Recipe by conniecooks
This is very tasty and popular at my house. It is similar to something my mother made. We like it on sundays with mashed potatoes.
- 4 lbs boneless veal rump roast
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, whole
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen baby carrots
- 2⁄3 cup white wine or 2⁄3 cup water
- 11 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown roast on medium heat in dutch oven Remove
- Brown mushrooms, remove and set aside.
- Add onion and cook afew minutes till softened.
- Put roast back and add Wine, Soup, thyme, marjoram, bayleaf and salt & pepper.
- Cover and place in oven at 300 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
- Add carrots and reserved mushrooms during last 1/2 hour of cooking.