Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Involtini alle Verdure
- 1 lb veal, slices
- 2 carrots, cut into batons
- 1 celery rib, cut into batons
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- Pound the veal slices with a meat mallet.
- Divide the carrots and celery among the slices of meat.
- Roll up and tie with kitchen string.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the rolls and cook, turning frequently, until browned all over.
- Pour in the wine and cook until it has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce, cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
- Serves 4.
- That's it!