Recipe by KittyKitty
We don't have veal often, but I love it, it is so tender and good
Top Review by Scott Hannigan
I have just finished my meal of this and it was superb! Wonderful flavour! I did change the recipe a bit. I put the veal in the slow cooker for 8 hours instead of the oven and I omitted the pepper and the mushrooms. While it was cooking I roasted veges in the oven and made some gravy. Absolutely divine. Thank you. I will make this again soon especially as it is quite cold here in OZ at the moment.
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) boneless veal round roast
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast on rack of a roasting pan; insert meat thermometer. Combine oil, lemon juice, mustard, nutmeg, and garlic, brush over roast, reserving remaining mixture. Bake at 325F for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and remove veal from roasting pan, remove rack, drain fat, and place veal directly in pan. Place vegetables around veal. Pour remaining oil mixture and chicken broth over veal. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until thermometer measures 170°F.
- Arrange meat on aplatter, and spoon vegetables around meat. Serve with pan drippings.