Recipe by Phil Franco
Vitello Arrosto al Latte Courtesy of www.cookiesfromitaly.com I'm not sure of the cooking time
- 1 3⁄4 lbs veal loin
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 quart milk
- 3 ounces prosciutto, cut into strips
- flour, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Spike the veal with a few strips of prosciutto.
- Melt the butter and the rest of the ham in a saucepan.
- Dust the veal with flour and brown evenly on all sides.
- Warm up the milk and pour 2 cups of milk over the meat, then salt to taste.
- Lower the heat, cover, and when the milk has been absorbed, add more. Continue to do so as the milk gets absorbed. The meat will be properly cooked when the milk is finished.
- Remove the meat and slice it evenly. Place on heated platter, pour reduced cooking juices over and serve.
- That's it!