Recipe by winkki
From the venerable Ristorante Villa Francesca in Boston's North End; this was in the Boston Herald's recipe request column in the 90's. I haven't tried it yet, but it looked too good not to share.
Top Review by sour_girl_2697
It was good but there was something missing.. I used a can of diced tomatoes and even put some sugar while it was reducing but the sauce was very bitter. It was good but not great.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces veal scallopini (thin round or oval slice of veal)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saute pan.
- Saute veal very quickly until seared on both sides.
- Drain oil, leave veal in pan.
- Add butter and garlic, saute 30 sec.
- Add remaining ingredients; simmer until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- (If sauce is thin, remove meat while reducing sauce and return to pan when sauce is ready) Garnish and serve immediately.