Recipe by chia
this recipe is from food tv and makes a nice appetizer for 6 or a main course for 2 or 3
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
Easy to prepare and make. Loved that this dish contained zucchini. We thought the cheese and breadcrumbs needed to be a little more evenly distributed (they were the best part!) so that each bite was as flavorful as the top bites. DH wonders if everything were mixed together (meat-loaf style) whether that would have accomplished what we were looking for. Thanks for posting this dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- salt, pepper
- 3⁄4 lb ground veal
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350, grease a 9" pie plate.
- heat olive oil in a skillet, add onion cook until softened, 3 minutes.
- add zucchini, herbes de provence, salt pepper and cook 5 minutes more, remove from heat and cool.
- meanwhile mix veal, egg, garlic,3 tbsp parsley, salt pepper and herbs.
- sprinkle the greased pie plate with bread crumbs to cover bottom lightly.
- add half of the zucchini mix.
- top with veal mix and cover with remaining zucchini mix.
- mix together remaining bread crumbs, parsley and parmesan and sprinkle over the top.
- drizzle with olive oil.
- bake 20-30 minutes until cooked through.