1/3 Photos of Veal Piccata With Crisp Fried Garlic
Garlicky, Lemony, delish tender veal. Serve over angel hair, polenta or mashed garlic potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb veal scallopini, pounded thin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- olive oil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, sliced very thin
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed well drained (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1Heat oven to the lowest temperature it can be set at about 170 degrees.
- 2Season veal with salt and pepper to taste and dredge in flour.
- 3Over medium high heat in a heavy large pan heat enough olive oil to cover bottom of pan till hot. Add sliced garlic and fry till tan in color, remove garlic slices and set a side. Remove oil leaving just enough to fry slices of veal. Adding as you fry additional slices if needed.
- 4Brown seasoned veal in the garlic oil medium high heat about 2-3 minutes per side.
- 5Remove veal and place in a warm oven.
- 6Saute the lemon slices browning one side flip then add shallots adding oil if needed.
- 7Top the veal with the browned lemon slices.
- 8De-glaze pan with wine and chicken broth scraping pan to get all the browned bits of yumminess.
- 10You can make a slurry of 1 teaspoon flour and a bit of the broth add to the wine sauce for a thicker result. Or whisk 1 tablespoon butter into the wine sauce for a creamy richer results.
- 11Reduce to half then add capers and half the parsley.
- 12Plate the veal and lemon, pour the wine sauce over veal, top with remaining parsley and all the fried garlic.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Piccata With Crisp Fried Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 88.4 mg
- Sodium 83.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 25.3 g