Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Garlicky, Lemony, delish tender veal. Serve over angel hair, polenta or mashed garlic potatoes.
Make and share this Veal Piccata With Crisp Fried Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb veal scallopini, pounded thin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- olive oil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, sliced very thin
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed well drained (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat oven to the lowest temperature it can be set at about 170 degrees.
- Season veal with salt and pepper to taste and dredge in flour.
- Over medium high heat in a heavy large pan heat enough olive oil to cover bottom of pan till hot. Add sliced garlic and fry till tan in color, remove garlic slices and set a side. Remove oil leaving just enough to fry slices of veal. Adding as you fry additional slices if needed.
- Brown seasoned veal in the garlic oil medium high heat about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove veal and place in a warm oven.
- Saute the lemon slices browning one side flip then add shallots adding oil if needed.
- Top the veal with the browned lemon slices.
- De-glaze pan with wine and chicken broth scraping pan to get all the browned bits of yumminess.
- You can make a slurry of 1 teaspoon flour and a bit of the broth add to the wine sauce for a thicker result. Or whisk 1 tablespoon butter into the wine sauce for a creamy richer results.
- Reduce to half then add capers and half the parsley.
- Plate the veal and lemon, pour the wine sauce over veal, top with remaining parsley and all the fried garlic.
This was sooo tasty! I cooked it almost exactly the way you have it in the directions only I didn't brown the lemons. The sweetness of the veal with the rich and tart lemon sauce and the toasty sweet fried garlic were a perfect 10 combination. This will be made again and again in my home. Thank you so much for posting!