1/3 Photos of Veal Piccata//Veal Francaise
i've bean making these dishes since the 70's but tonight i was in a dinner hurry and threw this together in 20 minutes with rice pilaf, salad, and....this is an instinct dish after all these years, so feel free to spice accordingly
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1for francaise beat 2 eggs, set aside.
- 2preheat oven to 200.
- 3mix flour with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4dredge veal in flour***.
- 5in a large skillet heat oil and butter, add 4 scallopine to skillet, cook 2 mins, flip and cook 2 minutes more.
- 6remove to ovenproof plate and place in preheated oven to keep warm.
- 7repeat with 4 scallopine.
- 8meanwhile add broth to pan, reduce by half.
- 9squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into broth, reduce until thickened, about 5 mins add butter a bit at a time and whisk into sauce to thicken.
- 10add veal back into pan, toss to coat.
- 11***for veal francaise dip the floured scallops into the eggs, and place in the pan, following the instructions.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Piccata//Veal Francaise
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.6
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 136.2 mg
- Sodium 309.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: