i've bean making these dishes since the 70's but tonight i was in a dinner hurry and threw this together in 20 minutes with rice pilaf, salad, and....this is an instinct dish after all these years, so feel free to spice accordingly
- for francaise beat 2 eggs, set aside.
- preheat oven to 200.
- mix flour with salt and pepper to taste.
- dredge veal in flour***.
- in a large skillet heat oil and butter, add 4 scallopine to skillet, cook 2 mins, flip and cook 2 minutes more.
- remove to ovenproof plate and place in preheated oven to keep warm.
- repeat with 4 scallopine.
- meanwhile add broth to pan, reduce by half.
- squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into broth, reduce until thickened, about 5 mins add butter a bit at a time and whisk into sauce to thicken.
- add veal back into pan, toss to coat.
- ***for veal francaise dip the floured scallops into the eggs, and place in the pan, following the instructions.