Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I haven't made this yet, but it sounds very appealing.
- 1 lb ground veal
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the lemon slices and parsley sprigs and mix well.
- Turn the mixture into a lightly sprayed 9-by-5-inch loaf pan and gently pat down. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top and bake until the loaf is firm and the lemon slices are warm and juicy, about 15 minutes longer.
- Let stand in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and slice to serve. Garnish the parsley sprigs.
This was absolutely FANTASTIC and so easy to make. I didn't have shallots so I used a small clove of garlic and I omitted the chopped fresh parsley. I didn't have any mushrooms, but can't wait to try this recipe again with them. I served this with buttered linguine tossed with frozen peas. This is a superb meatloaf and one I'll add to my personal cookbook. I give it 10 stars.