Recipe by breezermom
This recipe comes from the cookbook "Celebrate!" I love the addition of mushrooms to the lemon-caper sauce.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! This was really simple and really good. I couldn't find cutlets, so used scallopini. The sauce is wonderful but next time I would double it. By the end of the cooking time there was hardly any sauce left because it had simmered down so much. Thanks breezer for a nice keeper. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag.
- 680.38 g veal cutlets
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml chablis or 118.29 ml other dry white wine
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml capers with liquid, undrained
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, minced
- thin lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place veal between 2 sheets of wax paper; flatten veal to 1/4 inch pieces, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour.
- Combine the melted butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Cook the veal in the butter and oil until browned on both sides. Remove veal, reserving drippings in the skillet. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in the drippings for 1 to 2 minutes. Return the veal to the skillet; add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the capers and their liquid, and simmer for an additional minute.
- Transfer the veal to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the parsley. Garnish with thin lemon slices.