Recipe by Derf
Lovely tender veal!! from Cooking Light mag.
Top Review by Michele7
I know this recipe was from Cooking Light but I used 1 tablespoon of olive oil instead of 1 teaspoon. Maybe someone else could have made it work but I was uncomfortable with so little oil vs 1 pound of veal. The flavor is very good but I will double the sauce the next time I make this. I also added garlic; can't cook without it! Everyone liked this. The meal was ready in no time at all. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 lb veal cutlet (1/4 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- lemon slice (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from cutlets.
- Dredge cutlets in flour.
- Coat a large nonstick frypan with cooking spray; add oil.
- Place over medium high heat until hot.
- add veal, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove veal from frypan; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Transfer veal to a serving platter.
- Set aside; keep warm.
- Add sherry, lemon juice, and capers to frypan; stir well, scraping bottom of pan to loosen brown bits.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is reduced by half.
- Pour sauce over veal.
- If desired, garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.