Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Presented By: Savelli's
- 2 ounces clarified butter
- 10 ounces veal scallopini (veal cutlets pounded very thin)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned flour (all-purpose flour with salt & white pepper)
- 1 fresh lemon, zest of
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch of chopped fresh parsley
- 3 ounces white wine (chablis, semi-dry)
- 2 ounces veal stock or 2 ounces chicken stock
- 2 ounces unsalted butter (optional)
- Pound veal cutlets.
- Get saute pan hot.
- Season and flour veal scaloppine.
- Place dusted veal in hot saute pan.
- Brown veal on both sides.
- Remove veal from pan.
- Place on plate.
- Deglaze pan with white wine, reduce by half.
- Add veal stock, fresh lemon juice, capers, fresh parsley.
- Stir in pan with tongs.
- Add cold whole butter at the very last minute.
- Pour over warm veal.
- Garnish with lemon zest.
- Serves 2.