Recipe by It's loose again
I made this one day when I was not in the mood for herbs and spices, not even garlic or wine.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lb pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and cook, stirring from time to time until pale gold.
- Add ground veal and brown, stirring from time to time.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- Combine pasta with sauce and serve topped with cheese.