Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Super Food Ideas and their Healthy Kids section and touted to have 3 serves of vegies per serve. Times are estimated.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion (small finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (small peeled and grated)
- 1 zucchini (small trimmed and grated)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (no-added-salt)
- 400 g tomatoes (can chopped)
- cooking spray (olive oil)
- 4 (125 g) veal schnitzels (uncrumbed)
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (pizza reduced-fate grated)
- potato (mashed to serve)
- spinach (baby steamed to serve)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add onion, carrot and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally for 6 to 7 minutes or until onion has softened and then add tomato paste, cook, stirring for 1 minute and then add canned tomatoes and 1/2 cup cold water and stir to combine and bring to the boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat and cook veal, in batches for 2 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked through.
- Preheat grill/broiler on high.
- Spoon two-thirds of tomato mixture over base of a 6 cup capacity 6cm deep oval baking dish and then place veal, in a single layer over the mix and then spoon remaining tomato mix over veal and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Grill/boil for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and is golden.
- Serve with mash and spinach.