Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of the most simple dishes there is to cook. This one is big around where I live and is ordered very often at our local pub. Turns an ordinary schnitzel into a very tasty treat. A good recipe for anyone who is sick of having schnitzel with gravy.
- 4 veal schnitzels or 4 beef schnitzel
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup oil, for cooking
- 1 cup chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Shallow fry the veal schnitzels on the stove.
- Use medium heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until they look nicely cooked.
- Remove from heat and spread pasta sauce over the top of the schnitzels.
- (make sure the sauce is spread evenly and not too thin or thick) Sprinkle the grated cheese over the pasta sauce and place in a microwave for 1 minute so that the cheese is nicely melted.
- Serve with a nice green salad and a bread roll.
This is so simple & soooooo good. Thanks Ben! I had some left over homemade salsa so I spread that on the veal used Asiago cheese, served with Chopped mushroom garlic sauce over noodles and a tossed green salad. It only took minutes to put together a gourmet meal.
Simplicity at its best. Enjoyed by all. Made with 6 veal schnitzels using 1.5 cups of Dolmios Chunky Mushroom and Red Wine pasta sauce with .5 cup of sliced mushroom and .5 teaspoon dried italian herbs added. Divided this between the cooked crumbed veal, topped each with 2 teaspoon grated parmesan and 1/4 cup grated mozarella and under the grill (broiler) for 10 minutes till bubbly and brown. Definately a keeper and looking forward to trying with chicken. Thank you Ben Ross.
This was really good. I had three veal steaks to use up. I used dried breadcrumbs and fresh herbs (parsley and oregano) and dried crumbs to coat the veal. Used my own tomato pasta sauce and a mix of mozzarella and parmesan (fresh) for the cheese topping. Whipped it in a hot oven to get a bit of colour on the top. Served with Caesar salad. An excellent meal!!!