Recipe by Ben Ross
This is one of the most simple dishes there is to cook. This one is big around where I live and is ordered very often at our local pub. Turns an ordinary schnitzel into a very tasty treat. A good recipe for anyone who is sick of having schnitzel with gravy.
Top Review by Bergy
This is so simple & soooooo good. Thanks Ben! I had some left over homemade salsa so I spread that on the veal used Asiago cheese, served with Chopped mushroom garlic sauce over noodles and a tossed green salad. It only took minutes to put together a gourmet meal.
- 4 veal schnitzels or 4 beef schnitzel
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup oil, for cooking
- 1 cup chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Shallow fry the veal schnitzels on the stove.
- Use medium heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until they look nicely cooked.
- Remove from heat and spread pasta sauce over the top of the schnitzels.
- (make sure the sauce is spread evenly and not too thin or thick) Sprinkle the grated cheese over the pasta sauce and place in a microwave for 1 minute so that the cheese is nicely melted.
- Serve with a nice green salad and a bread roll.