Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy to make and great company dish. I ate it first over a friend's house and I had to have the recipe. Good weekday meal also.
- 1 lb veal cutlet, pounded thin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce or 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine bread crumbs and the 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Dip cutlets into egg mixture which has been beaten with the salt and pepper, then into bread crumbs.
- Place meat on a rack to dry for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Brown 2 minutes on both sides, in hot oil over medium heat or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Place cutlets in 3 quart baking dish. Pour sauce over meat and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Cover, use foil, and bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove cover and top with Mozzarella Cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.