Recipe by coconutty
I haven't tried this yet but am posting it for safekeeping. From the New York Times. I had to estimate the cooking and prep times.
- 2 lbs veal, cut into thin, even slices
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup dry white bordeaux
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut veal slices into 1/4 inch strips.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet, add veal and cook quickly over high heat until browned. Transfer to a heated serving dish or casserole.
- Melt butter in the same skillet.
- Add shallots and saute until tender but not browned. Stir in paprika.
- Add wine and cook until liquid is reduced almost completely.
- Add broth; gradually stir in sour cream.
- Combine sauce and meat; heat but do not let boil.
- Serve with hot buttered noodles.