Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love this and it's pretty easy to prepare, but makes a great impression on guests. Cook time does not include asparagus and crab legs. I buy my crab legs already cooked. Prep time is approximate.
- 4 veal cutlets, flattened or pounded very thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- seasoned flour (your choice of seasonings)
- 16 asparagus spears, cooked
- 4 crab legs, cooked,shells removed
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided into 3 pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sprinkle cutlets with lemon juice and pepper on both sides.
- Dust with seasoned flour.
- Heat butter in a large skillet.
- Saute cutlets over moderately high heat for 4 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Remove to a warm platter.
- On each cutlet place 4 spears of asparagus and one crab leg.
- Cover with Hollandaise sauce.
- For the sauce: Combine egg yolks and lemon juice in the top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling water.
- Add butter, 1 piece at a time, stirring constantly until melted.
- Continue stirring until thickened.
- Serve over veal oscar.
- The sauce makes about 3/4 cup.
its a general veal oscar recipe. lump crab meat is better with this some scallions and mushrooms make a good addition to the veal
Excellent! This is a beautiful dish to serve and absolutely wonderful. I did have a little trouble keeping everything warm since it cooks so quickly. I boiled the asparagus first, removed from heat but left them in the water while I cooked the veal. I bought pre-cooked crab legs and tossed the bag in with the aspargus to heat them while the veal was cooking. My husband really felt special. Thanks!