Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sounds so good! I love veal and this one has white wine and mozzerella and Parmesan cheeses which make it different. I hope to try this soon. It was in a community cookbook submitted by Karen Young.
- 1 -2 lb veal cutlets or 1 -2 lb chicken cutlet
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Coat the veal or chicken with cooking spray.
- Place butter in skillet and heat over medium-high heat until butter melts.
- Add veal or chicken and saute 1-2 minutes per side until it lightly browns.
- Drain on paper towels and place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with meat with pepper and let it rest.
- Cook mushrooms in skillet until tender and remove from pan; reserve drippings.
- Spread mushrooms over the meat.
- Add flour to the drippings in the pan and stir until smooth.
- Cook over low heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add wine, water and bouillon granules and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
- Spoon sauce over meat and mushrooms.
- Top with cheeses.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes for veal and 20-30 minutes for chicken.