1/5 Photos of Veal or Chicken Ham and Sausage Bundle ( Feuilleton De Veau)
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Friends served a fabulous brunch - then shared the recipe for this wonderful combination of veal, ham and sausage roll baked in a parcel which has become one of my favorites for both brunch and buffets. It is not only delicious but looks so elegant with those lovely slices making for great presentation. Love when friends share! Chicken may be used instead of the veal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb roll sausage meat
- 6 veal escalopes (you may use chicken breasts in place of veal scallops)
- 5 slices boneless ham steaks
- 4 slices streaky bacon (I usually go with 12 slices)
- 4 green onions (spring onions finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 4 tablespoons double cream (may use whipping cream if unavailable)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 ounce pistachio nut
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of milled pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon butter (enough to brush over a piece of foil to hold bundle)
- 1In bowl break down sausage meat, add the chopped onions and chives, mix well.
- 2Gradually add the double cream, brandy, pistachio nuts, salt, milled pepper and the beaten egg mixing well to assure mixture is uniform.
- 3Bat out each escapole thinly - flatten veal between 2 sheets of non stick paper, try to make them the same length and width.
- 4Brush piece of foil large enough to make for a cover for the bundle with butter, place 6 slices of bacon length wise and 6 up and down.
- 5Place veal scallop over the bacon strips length wise, spread a little of the meat mixture over top, top with ham, more mixture, continue layering ending with veal.
- 6Bring sides of bacon together, then the ends, bringing up the foil to make for a tight bundle which resembles a roast.
- 7Place in roasting pan, cover with lid bake in a 325 oven for 1 3/4 hours, removing the lid after one hour.
- 8When cooked remove from pan, leave in foil and refrigerate until well chilled.
- 9Served on a platter with slices showing the layering makes for great presentation.
- 10Serving size a quesstimate as it depends on just how many items on the brunch or buffet table.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal or Chicken Ham and Sausage Bundle ( Feuilleton De Veau)
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.1
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 898.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: