1/4 Photos of Veal Muscles With Green Peas
1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe from the cooking book for 2nd year of cooking school in Zagreb. I made this recipe few days ago and it was quite nice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the veal into small stripes 3-5 cm, season with salt and fry quick on butter on all sides. Take the veal out.
- 2Previously cut the vegetables into small slices and sauté it on butter left from veal. Add wine, beef stock and sauce espagnole and continue to sauté 10-15 minutes.
- 3Now add veal and continue to sauté until veal is soft (30 minutes should be enough).
- 4Take the veal out again and mash the vegetables into a sauce.
- 5Put back the veal and add half cooked green peas, parsley leaves and dill. Cook for 10 more minutes. If the sauce is not thick enough, you may add flour, but mashed vegetables are thick enough for a good sauce.
- 6(For sauce espagnole - variation is: dry fry flour until brownish, add red wine, beef stock and tomato puree and cook until reduces to half. This is home made emergency version but it is good enough).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Muscles With Green Peas
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.7
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 132.4 mg
- Sodium 240.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: