Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Just like Nona used to make!!!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 lbs thinly sliced veal scallopini
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour flour into another shallow dish.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, basil and thyme in a third shallow dish.
- Have ready one large plate.
- Season the veal with salt and pepper.
- Working with 1 piece of veal at a time, dip it first in the flour, shaking off excess.
- Next, place the floured veal into the beaten eggs, coating completely.
- Place the veal into the bread crumb mixture and gently press crumbs into the veal.
- Set aside on large plate and continue with remaining veal slices.
- In a large skillet with high sides, heat the oil to 375 degrees F.
- Have ready a baking sheet fitted with a rack.
- Carefully place 2 pieces of breaded veal in the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Place cooked veal on rack, season with salt and place in oven to keep warm.
- Continue with remaining veal.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Simple to make and comes out very nice. It's a little plain, but that was ok. We served with roasted broccoli. Very easy for a weeknight. Thanks!
I made this with the baked rigatoni what an awesome meal. I actually substitued chicken instead of veal. Very good.
The veal was delicious I had run out of plain breadcrumbs and used italien but the end run was just as good I will certainly use this recipe again.