Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Just like Nona used to make!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 175 degrees F.
- 2In a shallow dish, beat eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Pour flour into another shallow dish.
- 4Mix together the bread crumbs, basil and thyme in a third shallow dish.
- 5Have ready one large plate.
- 6Season the veal with salt and pepper.
- 7Working with 1 piece of veal at a time, dip it first in the flour, shaking off excess.
- 8Next, place the floured veal into the beaten eggs, coating completely.
- 9Place the veal into the bread crumb mixture and gently press crumbs into the veal.
- 10Set aside on large plate and continue with remaining veal slices.
- 11In a large skillet with high sides, heat the oil to 375 degrees F.
- 12Have ready a baking sheet fitted with a rack.
- 13Carefully place 2 pieces of breaded veal in the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes total.
- 14Place cooked veal on rack, season with salt and place in oven to keep warm.
- 15Continue with remaining veal.
- 16Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Milanese
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1019.2
- Calories from Fat 731
- Total Fat 81.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 241.9 mg
- Sodium 212.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 40.4 g