Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vermouth
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 lb veal medallions
- salt and pepper
- Combine blueberries, orange juice, lemon juice, vermouth, orange peel, lemon peel and ginger.
- Stir to blend and set aside. Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet and saute until brown and just cooked through.
- Transfer veal to platter and keep warm.
- Add blueberry mixture to skillet and cook until mixture thickens, scraping up any browned bits (about 2 minutes). Spoon blueberry mixture over veal and serve.
This was a delicious dish. I could not find veal medallions at all. I went to my regular grocery store, Whole Foods and Fresh Market and out of the three none of these places had them so I settled for veal cutlets. They really worked out well though, they were very tender and went well with the dish. This was such a very quick dish to put together. The flavor was amazing with the sweet of the blueberries and tartness of the citrus it was perfect. Thanks for this wonderful recipe Dancer^