Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
From my "veal section" of recipe cards. I cut this out of a magazine. Seems like a diet or low-fat recipe.
- 1 lb veal medallions, trimmed
- pepper, freshly ground
- 4 large mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 16 large spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons light ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- lemon juice (splash)
- dry sherry, splash
- 4 purple kale leaves, for garnish
- Heat iron skillet until very hot.
- Season veal with pepper and paprika and cook with mushrooms until medium rare.
- Blend remaining ingredients (recipe doesn't indicate method like a blender but I think that would work since there are spinach leaves that need to be "blended"). I am assuming this is the chive sauce so it is only a blend and not to be cooked.
- Garnish with kale and serve with chive sauce.