From the Cooking School column in a recent Family Circle magazine by Julie Miltenberger. It was a bit different from some posted, so here it is. Serve over warm, cooked egg noodles. I love veal Marsala but haven't tried this one yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs veal cutlets, about 8 small cutlets
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided into 3 tbsps
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, cleaned, sliced
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1Place one cutlet on a sheet of waxed paper and cover with a second sheet of waxed paper, and pound cutlet to an even thickness with a mallet. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- 2Toss flour, 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and the pepper on a sheet of waxed paper (I like to use a shallow bowl) and dredge each piece in the flour.
- 3Reserve 2 teaspoons of the flour mixture.
- 4Heat oil and 1 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat just until sizzling.
- 5Add half the amount of cutlets and brown about 1 minute per side.
- 6Transfer browned cutlets to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batch of cutlets, adding an additional tablespoons of butter.
- 7Reduce heat to medium and add remaining tablespoons of butter and stir in onions and cook 3 minutes.
- 8Add sliced mushrooms; cook another 3 minutes, stirring.
- 9Sprinkle with reserved 2 teaspoons flour mixture. Stir to coat. Add Marsala wine and chicken broth and bring to a simmer, stirring up browned bits from bottom of pan.
- 10Add cutlets back to the pan and season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook covered for 3 minutes, until sauce is slightly thickened.
- 11Serve over warm egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Marsala (With Onion and Mushrooms)
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.2
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 162.3 mg
- Sodium 683.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 37.1 g