Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
I love veal and this is simple and quick for those mid-week dinners. This can also be made with chicken cutlets.
- 4 veal cutlets (about 1/8-inch thick) or 4 chicken cutlets, pounded thin (about 1/8-inch thick)
- salt & pepper
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 garlic clove, crused
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper veal/chicken cutlets and dredge in flour.
- Melt butter or margarine in skillet and brown garlic and mushrooms.
- Add veal/chicken, cooking over medium heat until brown.
- Remove meat to a shallow baking dish.
- Add Marsala wine to skillet and bring to a boil scrapping any brown bits;
- Reduce heat and simmer approximately 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Pour wine-mushroom sauce over meat; cover baking dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.