Recipe by CIndytc
Recipe courtesy Gianda De Laurentis from Food Network.
Top Review by Derf
This veal marsala was good but not exceptional. Good flavour from the marsala but we felt something was missing. The sauce was delicious served over mashed potatoes. We did like it, it just wasn't quite as good as we expected, it was a nice change.
- 8 (3 ounce) veal cutlets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 ounces assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet marsala wine
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the veal with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 4 veal cutlets and cook until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the veal to a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of butter and oil, if necessary.
- Repeat with the remaining 4 cutlets.
- Set the cutlets aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Add the shallot and garlic.
- Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add a tablespoon of the olive oil, if necessary.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until tender and the juices evaporate,about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt. A.
- dd the Marsala, simmer until the Marsala reduces by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and the rosemary leaves.
- Simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- Return the veal to the skillet.
- Pour in all of the pan juices.
- Cook just until heated through, turning to coat cutlets, about 1 minute.
- Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter into the sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using tongs, transfer the veal to plates.
- Spoon the sauce over the veal and serve.