1/4 Photos of Veal Marsala
Recipe courtesy Gianda De Laurentis from Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the veal with salt and pepper.
- 2Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add 4 veal cutlets and cook until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- 4Transfer the veal to a plate.
- 5Add another tablespoon of butter and oil, if necessary.
- 6Repeat with the remaining 4 cutlets.
- 7Set the cutlets aside.
- 8Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- 9Add the shallot and garlic.
- 10Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 11Add a tablespoon of the olive oil, if necessary.
- 12Add the mushrooms and saute until tender and the juices evaporate,about 3 minutes.
- 13Season with salt. A.
- 14dd the Marsala, simmer until the Marsala reduces by half, about 2 minutes.
- 15Add the broth and the rosemary leaves.
- 16Simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- 17Return the veal to the skillet.
- 18Pour in all of the pan juices.
- 19Cook just until heated through, turning to coat cutlets, about 1 minute.
- 20Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter into the sauce.
- 21Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- 22Using tongs, transfer the veal to plates.
- 23Spoon the sauce over the veal and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.8
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 155.8 mg
- Sodium 158.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 34.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: