Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This dish is delicious. I honestly thought that this would be one of my popular ones, but I guess not. So, I urge you to try this, PLEASE! It is so YUMMY! You may also deglaze with some white wine, although it's not necessary.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal (cubes for stew)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- oregano (preferably Greek)
- In a large bowl, season your veal cubes with a bit of salt. Add some flour and toss the cubes around. Then place them into a colander and shake off the excess flour, making sure that each piece is well coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium high heat. Add the veal, and brown on all sides till golden. Remove from pot with a slotted spoon and put aside. Don't place on paper towels.
- To the same pot, add the onion, garlic, and parsley and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Now, deglaze with a touch of water and stir.
- Add the veal back to the pot with any juices it might have released.
- Add some oregano, not too much.
- Then add about a cup and a half of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Let it simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and add the juice of half a lemon. If it needs more acidity, add the other half.
- Remember to taste and check for salt regularly.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles.
very nice but where is the LEMON??