Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love veal and this sounds good. Saving recipe here. From a Church cookbook called Favorite Recipes by St. Mary's Ladies Guild (Carpatho-Russian Orthodox) in Endicott, NY. Submitted by Mary Ann Macko who says it is delicious with whipped potatoes and green beans.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal cutlets, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- Cut veal into serving pieces and roll in flour. Brown quickly on both sides in butter in a heavy skillet.
- Remove veal and brown onion. Return veal to skillet with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Nice and simple-we used veal t-bones rather than the cutlets and subbed a bit of wine for some of the chicken bouilion.