Alan Leonetti's Note:
This recipe is originally from SABATINO'S RESTAURANT in Baltimore, Maryland, upon which I made a couple of minor changes, such as changing the use of half and half to heavy cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs veal scallopini (pounded thin)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cream sherry
- 1/4 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 slices thin prosciutto ham (at room temperature)
- 12 slices thin lemons
- 1Place each slice of veal between 2 sheets of wax paper, and with the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the meat very thin.
- 2Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper, and then dredge in flour.
- 3Dip veal in beaten eggs and dredge again in flour, and then in the bread crumbs.
- 4Saute veal in the 1/2 cup melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 or 3 minutes on each side, until a light golden brown.
- 5Remove the veal, reserving the drippings in the skillet, and set the veal aside and keep warm.
- 6In the skillet that has the reserved drippings, add the chicken broth, wine, 1/4 cup butter, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and heavy cream.
- 7Stir well.
- 8Over medium heat, bring to just to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 9Return the reserved veal to the skillet and place the prosciutto slices on top of the veal slices, and reduce the heat, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 10Remove veal and mixture to a serving platter, placing lemon slices either on or around the veal.
- 11Sprinkle with the parsley flakes and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Francese (Best Recipe Ever)
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2320.4
- Calories from Fat 1737
- Total Fat 193.0 g
- Saturated Fat 89.4 g
- Cholesterol 950.6 mg
- Sodium 1150.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 98.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: