Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish is very popular with a lemony kinda twing to it. It's not hard to make and is wonderful to the palette.
- 1 lb veal, scaloppine (1/4 in thick)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large lemon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Dredge veal in flour.
- Mix eggs, parmesan, salt, pepper.
- dip floured scaloppine into egg batter and place in hot pan.
- Cook scaloppine in batches being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Cook until nicely browned (1 1/2-2 minutes per side).
- Remove to a platter and keep warm in oven.
- Repeat, adding more oil and butter to pan as needed until all are cooked.
- When done return all to the pan and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cook for 1 more minute.
Very good. I believe the word is "palate". A palette is used in oil painting.
This was SOOOOO awesome!! The only thing I did different was add garlic and dipped in the egg before the flour. Absolutely wonderful recipe! Thank you so much for this. I finally found a veal recipe I can make as good as a restaurant...quite possibly better!
Wow, We hadn't tried veal in our home until now. My husband informed me it was a keeper and my son said I am the best cook in the world. My picky six year old even loved it. It went really well with garlic bread and caesar salad. Nice quick meal. Thanks a bunch.