Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are looking to impress someone with a wonderful dinner, this is the way to go. This is an elegant yet quick and simple dinner to serve and have them looking for more. I usually serve this with a salad, asparagus and baked sweet potatoes.
- 2 lbs veal cutlets (chicken cutlets work just as well if pounded very thin)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine (or other dry white wine)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Season flour with fresh ground pepper.
- Season veal cutlets (or chicken) with fresh ground pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on med. and saute garlic until translucent.
- Coat cutlets with seasoned flour and dip into the lightly beaten eggs to coat. Cook in olive oil until done and golden. About 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Melt butter in same frying pan, add lemon juice and chardonnay, stirring to loosen any bits left from cutlets. Simmer until slightly thickened and serve over cutlets.
This is missing some ingredients, such as cream, etc.