1/1 Photo of Veal Forestier
Ripped a page out a magazine years ago. What a great picture. It says "dinner classic: tender cutlets, gently browned, smothered in a flavorful mushroom-vermouth sauce. They show it on a platter with red cherry tomatoes and garnished with parsley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start to prepare about 50 minutes before serving.
- 2On cutting board, with meat mallet or dull edge of French knife, pound veal cutlets to 1/8" thickness.
- 3Cut cutlets into about 3" by 2" pieces.
- 4On a sheet of waxed paper, coat cutlets lightly in flour.
- 5In a 10" skillet, over medium-high heat, in hot butter, cook meat, a few pieces at a time, until lightly browned on both sides, removing pieces as the brown and adding more butter as needed.
- 6Add mushrooms, vermouth, water, salt and pepper to skillet; heat to boiling.
- 7Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 8Return meat to skillet; heat through.
- 9Stir in chopped parsley.
- 10Serve with sauteed cherry tomatoes and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Forestier
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.4
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 123.5 mg
- Sodium 614.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 24.6 g