Recipe by kit in NO
Lost recipes of New Orleans modified slightly from 1967 New Orleans Restaurant Cookbook
- 1 lb veal fillet, sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch oregano, dried
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 ounces fresh large mushrooms, whole
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 ounce sauterne white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except sauterne in a skillet and saute at high heat until veal is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Lower heat and add sauterne, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and sautee for another 5 or so minutes or until veal is tender.
- Serve with rice.