1/1 Photo of Veal cutlets with olive, tomato and anchovy sauce
This was in this mornings AGE weekend magazine. We can get lovely veal cutlets at the supermarket right now, and we love all the other flavours in this, so this will be dinner tomorrow night! I'd like to add, I made this and found it to be excellent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (800 g) can peeled tomatoes or 800 g vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled and de-seeded
- 20 black olives, stoned and chopped
- 8 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed (optional)
- 1Sauce: Heat the oil over a low to medium heat, and cook the garlic for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 2Add the tomatoes, increase the heat and cook until the mixture is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- 3Lower the heat, add the remaining sauce ingredients and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 4Set aside and keep warm.
- 5Cutlets: Heat the oil over a medium heat, and cook the cutlets for 3-4 minutes each side; cook for a further 2-3 minutes if you prefer the meat well done.
- 6Place the cooked cutlets onto warmed serving plates, stir the basil and and parsley through the sauce and spoon a little over and around each cutlet.
- 7Any remaining sauce can be frozen for later use.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal cutlets with olive, tomato and anchovy sauce
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 331.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: