Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tasty veal cutlets in a delicious sour cherry sauce.
- 4 (6 ounce) lean veal cutlets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can tart cherries, drained
- parsley (to garnish)
- Pat cutlets dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a fry pan and brown cutlets on each side approximately 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove cutlets from pan and keep them warm.
- Blend wine and evaporated milk in pan and simmer for 3 minutes. Add cherries; heat through and adjust seasonings. Return cutlets to sauce and reheat, but do not boil.
- Arrange cutlets on preheated platter, pouring cherry sauce around them. Garnish with parsley. Makes 4 servings.
- German Cooking.