Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
For this recipe, make sure u use tart cherries..or it will be to sweet.
Make and share this Veal Cutlets with Cherry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Pat cutlets dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in frypan and brown cutlets on each side approximately 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove cutlets from pan and keep them warm.
- Blend wine and evaporated milk in a pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add cherries; heat through and adjust seasonings.
- Return cutlets to sauce and reheat, but DO NOT boil.
- Arrange cutlets on preheated platter, pouring cherry sauce around them.
- Garnish with parsley.
I made a few changes that I think helped get my kids to eat this for dinner. I seasoned the veal with garlic too and then I added some Morello cherry fruit spread to the sauce and I used canned dark, sweet pitted cherries which were packed in heavy syrup but I drained them. They are not very sweet but I felt the recipe needed some sweetness. It was very easy and quick to make. Thanks for the recipe Dancer!