Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy Italian way to make veal.
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb veal cutlet
- 1 (6 -8 ounce) can Hunts tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- Beat eggs thoroughly, & add salt & pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs with parmesan cheese.
- Dip cutlets in egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Fry in hot oil about 5 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Place browned cutlets in baking pan.
- Pour layer of tomato sauce over them & then rgin slices of Mozzarella aver that.
- Bake in slow oven for 15 minute or until cheese turns slightly brown.
- Serve very hot.
I am going to give this 4 stars b/cuz I had a feeling the tomato sauce wasn't going to work for us. So I split the recipe, I did two veal cutlets with the tomato sauce and two with pasta sauce. We enjoyed the pasta sauce better. The tomato sauce was too strong/tomato taste. Made for PAC 09