Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Submitted by Pam Meyers to a community cookbook. Haven't tried it yet. Note- sherry may be used for the Madiera and chicken for the veal. Serve over a bed of rice.
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 lbs veal cutlets
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup madeira wine
- Blend the crumbs, flour and seasonings in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge cutlets in the mixture.
- Heat a large skillet with the oil and 1 tablespoons of the butter.
- When the butter is melted, saute the cutlets until lightly browned on both sides.
- Transfer the cutlets to a casserole dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet, heating until foamy, and pour in the Madiera.
- Stir to pick up any browned particles and cook for about 30 seconds more on medium-low heat.
- Pour the butter-wine mixture over the cutlets and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Serve over a bed of rice.