Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
For all those times you have pine nuts on hand and want a good recipe -- this is it.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2⁄3 cup packed fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb veal, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1⁄4 lb Fontina cheese, sliced thinly
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- In a food processor blend pine nuts and basil leaves.
- Add parmesan, garlic, olive oil, and salt.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
- In large skillet heat olive oil on medium - high. Brown both sides of veal.
- Turn heat off and leave cutlets in skillet.
- Spoon pesto sauce on veal and top with Fontina cheese, tomatoes, and black pepper.
- Turn heat to low and cover until cheese melts and veal is fully cooked.
Fairly simple to make and was delicious. Thanks for the great recipe