Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Best of Cooking for all Occasions. I took this book out of the library and thought this sounded like an easy way to dress up veal. I have never seen lovage before but it is in the parsley family. There is a cook's tip at the bottom of the recipe that reads: If you wish , substitute plain low-fat yogurt for half the cream in the sauce. In this case, do not bring sauce to a boil after adding the yogurt and cream: heat through over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 4 (5 ounce) veal cutlets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup beef stock
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lovage
- Pound veal between 2 sheets of plastic wrap with the flat surface of a mallet to flatten evenly.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add the cutlets and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove cutlets from pan and and transfer to a warm platter and keep warm.
- Pour the stock into the pan juices; bring to a simmer. Stir in cream and bring to a boil.
- Crumble lovage and stir into sauce and then season with salt and white pepper.
- Spoon cream sauce over cutlets before serving.