Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Also known as veal schnitzel. Delicious served with Creamed Spinach and Potato Pancakes. The spice recipe makes a big batch that will last over a year, store remaining seasoning mix in a jar.
- 2 lbs veal cutlets
- 3 eggs, beaten
- dry breadcrumbs
- corn flake crumbs
- seasoning, mix (see recipe below)
- oil (for frying)
- Lightly season the meat on both sides with the seasoning mix.
- Combine the bread crumbs and cornflake crumbs together (50/50 ratio) . Set up three deep containers; one with the egg, one with the flour and one with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Dip the meat into the flour, then into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs. Set on paper towels, letting the meat rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat enough oil to completely cover the meat when frying. When hot fry for 3 - 5 minutes on each side, or until desired browning is reached.
- Drain on paper towels.
- SEASONING MIX: Combine all of the ingredients together. 1/2 cup salt, 2 teaspoons each of onion powder, Lawry's seasoning salt, black pepper, garlic powder & celery salt. Makes a big batch that will last you quite a while and can be used on any meat.