Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
Veal, a different way. Posted per request.Sounds very good and easy to adapt. Found on recipesource. Hope this helps.
- 6 veal scallops, pounded very thin
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet red peppers, sliced again
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt& pepper the veal steaks.
- Dip into mixed egg, then the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil and butter til ready to fry (med. heat).
- Cook veal steaks until golden brown (approx 10 minutes).
- Remove veal steaks to a warm oven (just to keep).
- Add the onions to the original pan.
- Saute until limp, then add the peppers, bouillon cube, water and mushrooms.
- Stir until tender.
- Combine flour and cream.
- Stir into veggies til you get a thick mix.
- Pour over warm veal.
i always saute my veal cutlets this way but this is a different kind of sauce - nice flavor and texture and very colorful with the peppers
I made this just as it stated and I found it to have no flavor and did nothing for the veal cutletts. Sorry, but just not for me.
This was a fantastic and unusual veal dish.The taste is superb.