Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is an easy and elegant meal. The packets can be made in advance and they cook very quickly. Don't overcook the veal- 2 minutes at the most per side should be enough if the veal is pounded to 1/4 inch thickness)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal loin, trimmed and cut into 8 scallops and pounded to 1/4 inch thickness with
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese, cut and trimmed the same size as the scallops
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fine dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- Place a slice of cheese and prociutto on top of each scallop.
- Then top with another scallop to make a sandwich.
- Insert toothpicks as needed.
- Dredge veal with flour, dip in beaten eggs, and then in bread crumbs.
- In a large nonstick skillet melt the butter.
- Saute' veal packets in butter until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove toothpicks.