Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This is another from the book by Woman's Weekly that we borrowed from our friend. Dad used to make this for us, even our friend has tried this, she has put beautiful next to it.
- 4 large boneless veal steaks (or 8 smaller pieces)
- 4 slices leg ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- dry breadcrumbs
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eat large veal steak in half, pound out each piece of veal very thinly.
- Trim edges to form oval shape.
- You will need to pieces of veal the same size.
- Put a piece of ham, then a slice of cheese on each of four slices of veal, making sure filling comes within 1cm of edge of veal all around.
- Top with remaining veal slices, pressing edges of veal together firmly.
- Coat very lightly with floured seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Fip into combined eggs and milk, then into breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs on firmly. repeat until all veal steaks are coated.
- Heat butter and oil in large frying pan.
- Add veal steaks, cook gently on both sides until golden brown.
- Allow approx 6 minutes each side.